For our Math History Assignment 3, I believe our presentation went well overall. Raymond and I chose to explore the life of Émilie du Châtelet because we wanted to highlight some of the astonishing contributions women have made to the fields of mathematics and physics. It was fascinating to learn about Émilie's multifaceted life. Through our research, it became clear that she was a woman with an intense passion for knowledge, especially in mathematics, and a deep care for the people around her. We aimed to reflect this in the accompanying art piece. Beyond our own presentation, it was also wonderful to see other presentations showcasing women in STEM, such as Hypatia and Agnesi. I had never encountered these figures before this course, and I believe introducing their histories in a classroom setting could serve as an inspiration to other women
Thanks to you and Raymond for a very interesting presentation and artwork that taught me a lot about Emilie du Chatelet as well! I was very happy to see so many projects highlighting the important work of women mathematicians too. Great work, and a fascinating subject!
ReplyDelete